Mission launched by District Administration Jalaun, on 30/10/2017
- Jalaun is a district in the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh
- Jalaun has 644 no. of government schools with 48750 no. of students enrolled from Class 6 to Class 10.
Mission KBNK was launched with a view to target and improve quality of Secondary Education in the district with emphasis on scientific temper among students.
Objectives of the mission
To generate interest in science based activity in the children of the district and developing scientific temper within the children.
- Revamping pedagogical practices by emphasising on active learning instead of instruction based rote-learning.
- Develop critical thinking, scientific temper and the courage to ask questions in students
- Develop self-confidence & initiative in children,spark their curiosity and creativity , generate attraction for aesthetics, art and truth
- Promoting environment of healthy competition among students and developing aspiration for academic excellence in them.
- Engaging the teachers, faculty, parents in the learning process of the child
- They can become good citizens of the country.
launching the plan
- Launch of Kaun Banega Nanha Kalam 2018 scheme on 06.03.2018.
- From 07.03.2018 to 20.05.2018, 45 science operators promoted for registration of the scheme by visiting every school.
- A website www.nanhakalamjalaun.com was created in the district, for registration of students to participate in the Nanha Kalam competition.
- Registration of the students was started on 10.03.2018 on the website.
- Upto 31.05.2018 48750 students / students registered and applied on the website.
Kaun Banega Nana Kalam?
Dreams are not those, which you see while sleeping, dreams are those, which do not let you sleep.
The scheme of “Kaun Banega Nana Kalam” is being launched in the fields of scientific thinking and science by students of the district, jointly by the Department of Secondary Education , Basik Education, Jalaun and District Science Club, Jalna. I not only hope but believe that this plan will definitely help the students of the district to become curious and inventive towards science.
Presumption and action plan-
- To make students studying classes 6 to 10 in Jalaun, continuing their evaluation, identifying the best students among the participating children and declaring it as the Nanha Kalam-2018 of the district.
- This plan will be implemented as a mission. Under the scheme, science quiz, model demonstration among students at the school, tehsil and district level on a fixed period of time.
- To develop an interest in science-oriented activity in the children of the purpose of “Kaun Banega Nini Kalam” of the scheme, their approach to making scientific, developing scientific concepts concealed in the child from which: –
They may cause curiosity.
They can develop self confidence.
They can develop the ability to take initiative.
They could have the courage to ask questions.
He can understand the problems of life in a scientific way and by his scientific knowledge can resolve the problem.
They could help eliminate social evils.
They could be attracted to beauty, art and truth.
They could become good citizens of the country.
By the guru for Dr. Kalam-
On one occasion, we asked him, ‘How do you become so energetic, so excited to Dr. Kalam, that you are so enlightened?’ lower floor in the lift, in the small part of the time, Kamal Sahab gave his answer – ‘I keep thinking of only one thing every moment, that I can give it to him so that Experience the praise or that I should meet a monk, this feeling arises from within me that in what can I give them? This life vision keeps me young and energetic.
Implementation of action plan-
- The following four steps are proposed for implementation of the work plan.
- stage 1-
School level- Under the first phase, in January, students separated into two classes of registration, Junior Class-6, 8 and Senior Class-Class 9 and 10. A competition organized in the month of April, in a science-related written Long/ short term questions of both classes. Students having first and second positions (2 junior and 2 senior) will have to participate at the Tehsil level.
- Stage 2-
Tahsil level- The essay / questionnaire / speech competition organized on science-based topics given to participating students. Participating in first, second and third place students participated at the district level from junior and senior category. Its implementation ensured in the month of August.
- Stage 3-
District level- All the selected students selected at the Tehsil level will have to present an executive model / research assay model to participate at the district level and workshop, participating students organized to improve the model / project which edited in the month of October.
- Stage 4-
Selection of Nanha kalam
This will be the last step of the plan. Under this stage, demonstrating the models / projects developed by all the participants of the third phase, evaluating them by experts and selecting the “Nanha Kalam” by the jury. This work completed in December last month of the year.
Planning of the FOUR PHASES
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Former President of India
Dr. Mannan Akhtar, DM Jalaun UP has started the ‘Nanha Kalam Yojana’ to enhance the Scientific Attitude Quality of Education in children, under which a program has been launched for the Nanha Kalam. For this program, the children are finding the quality of the scientific attitudes and they have a sense of passing through. So far, 48750 registrations have been done for the Nanha Kalam competition. Students passing in the competition will be given scholarship of 20000 rupees to 10 children who bring first and second ranks in every block from the State Government and District Administration. DM has also sent a proposal at higher level about competition, which is very much appreciated. Not only this, it is also being implemented in every district.